Labor Availability, Educational Attainment & Labor Statistics

Seguin’s proximity to the rapidly growing San Antonio and Austin corridor enables our businesses to tap into a large, diverse and skilled labor pool. An estimated 23,024 people work in the Seguin Region (78155 & 78123 Zip Codes). Data validates that most workers in the Seguin area live within a 30-minute drive time of Interstate 10 and Austin Street in Seguin (86.5%). However, the remaining 13.5% of Seguin area workers have a commute time that is greater than 30 minutes. View the graphs below to see Seguin’s labor force breakdown per area and per industry.

Labor Availability

Seguin Region Labor Shed (ZCTA: 78155 & 78123)

  30 Minute Drive Time 45 Minute Drive Time 60 Minute Drive Time
Labor Force Size (Age 16+) 363,227 1,079,722 1,693,285
Labor Force Participation Rate 63.5% 63.5% 65.2%
Prime-Age Labor Force Size (Age: 25-54) 235,211 714,730 1,139,768
Prime-Age Labor Force Rate 80.3% 79.9% 81.2%

Source: JobsEQ. Data as of 2020Q1 *Note: Figure represents the number of people within a 30/45/60 minute drive time from Austin Street and Interstate 10 who work in the Seguin Region. The Seguin Region is defined as the 78155 and 78123 Zip Codes.

Seguin Labor Drive Time Map

 

Labor Force Statistics

Region

Unemployment Rate

(February 2021)

Unemployment Rate

(January 2021)

Unemployment Rate

(December 2020)

Unemployment Rate

(November 2020)

City of Seguin

6.30% 6.50% 6.10% 7.20%

Guadalupe County

5.80% 5.60% 5.40% 6.20%

San Antonio MSA

6.80% 6.60% 6.40% 7.30%

State of Texas

7.50% 7.30% 7.10% 8.00%

United States

6.60% 6.80% 6.50% 6.40%
Source: Texas Labor Market Information https://texaslmi.com/
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email