City of Seguin Planning Department
The Seguin Planning Department works to provide for the health, safety and general welfare of the City of Seguin by promoting growth and development policies that protect and preserve places and areas of historical, environmental and cultural importance and by fostering policies that support neighborhood integrity and a thriving business climate.
The City of Seguin requires conformance with its Unified Development Code (UDC). The purpose of the UDC is to implement the vision of the adopted Comprehensive Master Plan and to promote the public health, safety and general welfare and quality of life of the present and future citizens of the City of Seguin. The UDC includes all regulations and other matters regarding land use and development of land, including zoning, subdivision, platting, site development, floodplains, and historic preservation.
For more information on the Seguin Planning Department including links to the UDC and development applications, visit their website here.
City of Seguin Capital Projects & Engineering Department
The City of Seguin Capital Projects and Engineering Department works to construct, improve and maintain Seguin's transportation and drainage network in a safe and efficient manner.
The department provides comprehensive engineering and inspection services to the citizens of the City of Seguin and other city departments in order to:
- Protect the environment
- Manage the city's infrastructures
- Insure public health, safety, and welfare
- The Engineering Division performs reviews of subdivisions and land development projects for compliance with City requirements, evaluates street and drainage infrastructure complaints and facilities and formulates appropriate solutions, evaluates and updates standards and specifications, provides engineering support to other departments and coordinates with Federal, State and Local agencies, as necessary.
For more information on the City of Seguin Capital Projects and Engineering Department, visit their website here.
City of Seguin Permits and Inspections
The City of Seguin Permits and Inspections department reviews permits, plans and conducts inspections to ensure that construction within the city limits meets the standards of the adopted codes. A permit is required when any owner, authorized agent or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, roof, re-roof or change the occupancy of a building or structure, install fence or to cause any such work to be done. The owner, authorized agent or contractor shall first make an application to the Building Official and obtain the required permit for the work.
The City of Seguin has adopted the following Codes:
- 2011 National Electric Code – Adopted by the State of Texas
- 2015 National Fire Protection Code
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code
- 2015 International Residential Code
- 2015 International Fire Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Building Code
- City Flood Ordinance and FEMA Guidelines
- Seguin Unified Development Code
For more information on the City of Seguin Permits and Inspections department, visit their website here.